As Mayor of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, I am pleased to invite you to live, work and enjoy our community.
We are very proud of the rich quality of life offered here. Located between Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair, Chatham-Kent covers a large geographical area and offers a warm Ontario climate, proximity to water, and beautiful natural scenery.
Chatham-Kent is home to over 23 communities, each providing unique lifestyle options. On offer are family-friendly, safe, affordable communities with minimal traffic, excellent schools and top-of-the-line services. Residents enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle with access to three provincial parks, lakeside beaches, trails, and highly rated freshwater fishing within close reach. Chatham-Kent also provides a large variety of produce grown locally by our active agricultural sector.
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent prioritizes being a welcoming, healthy, prosperous community. Physicians play a vital role in our growing community’s future. In Chatham-Kent, many agencies, community groups, programs, and services work together to support individuals and families new to the municipality as they discover the many amenities, attractions, programs, and services that make this area a fantastic place to call home. I encourage you to explore Chatham-Kent by reaching out to the municipal Community Attraction & Promotion team and exploring their www.LivingCK.ca and www.VisitCK.ca websites.
On behalf of Council and the community, I thank you for exploring your practice and career options in Chatham-Kent and look forward to extending you a warm welcome.
Darren Caniff - Chatham-Kent Mayor
Chatham-Kent is a community of families, recreation, business, agriculture, and opportunity. Chatham-Kent is a safe community that offers a high quality of life at a low cost of living (with an average home price of $419,865 in 2021), including access to amenities for daily life. For more information and listings, click here
- Home to over 23 communities offering urban and rural lifestyles
- CK workforce averages less than 15 minutes commute to work
- With a population density of 41.6 people/sq km, and a land mass of 2,500 sq km in size (same size as province of PEI), there is lots of room to grow
Find your home with year-round outdoor recreation, great dining, shopping, beaches, parks, and nationally renowned events and attractions.
- MacLean’s 27th Best Community in Canada, 2021
- U-Haul 13th Growth City in Canada, 2021
- Zolo’s Most Affordable Cities in Ontario, 2021
Our community has more than 50 elementary and secondary schools that provide Chatham-Kent’s youth with quality education. Choose from Public, Catholic or Private schools and English or French language programs
- Lambton Kent Distric School Board
- St. Clair Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
- Christian, Islamic and Montessori Private Schools
Chatham-Kent is home to two post-secondary institutions and is conveniently located an hour away from seven colleges and universities.
Learning is a life-long process, and there are plenty of educational opportunities for adults of all ages and abilities in Chatham-Kent, whether you want to earn a Secondary School Diploma, improve your English or further your career.
Just a quick drive to busy urban centres…
With Hwy 401 running through our community, you are only minutes from jumping on a highway and reaching major locales for sporting and cultural events. In an hour, you can be in Windsor/Detroit, London, and Sarnia/Port Huron. In less than three hours, you will arrive in Metropolitan Toronto or Buffalo New York.
Chatham-Kent values the time our physicians give to our community, and we strive to ensure that both you and your family are appreciated and provided with what you need to live a full life. For more information, click here
Families can be as busy as they want to be in Chatham-Kent.
We are located between two great lakes and a river runs through us.
- Over 50 trails and waterways to hike, cycle, run, walk, fish, go birding, and boating with docks and fully equipped marinas available throughout Chatham-Kent
- Recreational and competitive sports associations, arenas, sports fields and complexes
- Over 20 cultural community associations which host year-round activities
- 11 museums showcasing Chatham-Kent’s fascinating history, theatres, and galleries
- Weekly live music across Chatham-Kent
10 Reasons to Call CK Home
- Proximity to nature, beaches, and lakes
- Wonderful place to raise a family
- Affordable housing
- Great community spirit
- Home to “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”
- Inexpensive for business start-ups
- Thriving arts, culture, and entertainment scene
- Accessible shopping, healthcare, and education
- Stress free commutes – average of 15 minutes to work
- Close to larger centres – One hour to the U.S. and 2.5 hours to the GTA